Image Map

August 21, 2012

Technology Tip Tuesday

Let me start off by saying...oh my word, I have been back for 2 days and I am one e.x.h.a.u.s.t.e.d teacher!  Yesterday we had meetings, more today, and meet the teacher this evening, whew! But I do think I am going to have another GREAT group of kiddos this year!

Nowadays, technology plays such a H-U-G-E part in our little ones lives (and ours) that it would be hard to live without it. I find myself using it in some way, shape, or form daily.  Here are a few sites I depend on all the time.

First up is BrainPOP Jr.  If you haven't heard of it you need to must check it out.  I am lucky enough that our school subscribes to it each year.  They have great introduction videos for all subjects that the kiddos love.  They do have some video that are free if your school doesn't subscribe! Check it out!



This year I am starting the Daily 5 for the first time.  I stumbled across this website on another blog while looking for online websites to use for 'Listen to Reading'.  It is called Sqworl.  It is free to sign-up and when you do, you can use it kind of like you would a home page on your Internet browser.  What I did was find all the links to sites I was going to let the kids use for Listen to Reading and compiled them onto one page so that all they have to do is pull up the Sqworl page and click the link.




Hopefully you found one of these 2 sites useful.  Check back tomorrow for 'Where I Teach Wednesday'...you won't want to miss the BIG reveal of my classroom!!!



1 comment:

  1. Hey Mrs. Griffith. I found your Blog on the Blog Hop and am excited to check out Sqwori. Thanks for the recommendation. I am your newest follower and would love to have you stop by my blog.

    Sent From My iPad

    ReplyDelete