Image Map

October 22, 2014

Was That a Question??

Punctuation.
Where to use it?
When to use it?
That is the question...

So, we have been constantly working on recognizing and writing questions. 
To help us recognize questions when reading, we have been writing down the "question words" we come across in books on this question mark shaped anchor chart.


The better we got at recognizing questions, we started writing them.
Each day I chose a question word off of our chart and had each student come up with a question using the question word and write it on a white board.

We shared all of our questions with each other.


And we are almost question writing pros by now!

2 comments:

  1. So this is the 2nd time I've commented on your blog today, but your posts are EXACTLY what I'm about to teach. You must have Blogger ESP or something! Anyway, I love your question mark anchor chart. What a great way to organize question words (and something I totally plan to borrow next week!). Thanks!

    -Amanda
    Kindergarten Teacher at the Wheel

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have been working on this same skill. In fact, I have an anchor very similar to yours hanging in my classroom right now!

    Karen
    An Apple a Day in First Grade

    ReplyDelete