Image Map

May 18, 2015

Mentor Text Monday: Making Inferences

My firsties vocabulary this year has been out of this world!
I just love hearing use the same statements on their own that I do when I read a book aloud...
"This reminds me of..."
"I infer..."
"I wonder..."

Such great thinking going on in their little brains. 

This week we read a book called Never Take a Shark to the Dentist.
This books calls for a perfect lesson on making inferences. 



I talked them through the first few pages.
Then I started calling on students to make inferences.
On the last few pages, I let the voices inside their brains do the talking.
Here are some of the responses I got:





This book we a great review on inferring for us but it would also be a fabulous one to use for introducing the comprehension strategy! 


2 comments:

  1. Your kiddos' responses are awesome! What a cute book.
    KaSandra
    MemoriesMadeinFirst

    ReplyDelete
  2. GREAT idea! I love activities where students get to be creative and original. Your students responses are hilarious.

    ReplyDelete